Cushendale Woollen Mills crafts unique contemporary Irish textiles with an unrivalled provenance dating back to the 13th Century. Spanning 6 generations we work with a small close knit loyal team crafting textiles of Irish wool, mohair and lambswool, in small batches from fleece to fabric, ensuring exceptional quality for the home and international market.
Key elements of the role
This role will be primarily focused on the dyeing and finishing of our yarns and textiles.
- Working in the dye room this role will involve working with water and dyes to wash and add specific colours to various yarns types and textiles.
- Attention to detail and understanding of fibre processes, fibre types and specific dyes for coloration manufacturing and how fibres react under colouration and finishing processes.
- Working with colour and finishing production equipment and safe storage of dyestuffs and chemicals.
- Maintain high quality and environmental standards appropriate for colour fastness, effluent, safe chemical usage, organic textiles and other materials.
- Manage stock levels of materials used in the dyeing and finishing process.
- Contribute to various decision making and planning on production.
- Develop an understanding of the end to end manufacturing process at the mill and how this role integrates with other aspects.
- Have a good eye and understanding of colour and how combinations of dye stuff can be made to prepare and match particular colour samples.
- Good understanding of the basics of physics and chemistry.
- Good numeracy and attention to detail is key.
- Interest in learning and developing skills and knowledge from a master craftsman.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Work in a high performing team environment, building strong positive working relationships with other team members.
- Ability to identify problems and seek solutions.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Flexibility and adaptability in the workplace.
- Ability to work alone and a part of a team.
- Logical thinker, using cognitive skills to analyse information and identify solutions
- Work flexibly with the full team, a can-do attitude is very important
On the job training will be provided.
Contact Miriam, firstname.lastname@example.org