We are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely.
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users when visiting our site, registering on the site or placing an order. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information (only applicable when making a payment for goods and services). Users may also, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider’s utilized and other similar information.
We will not send you any information unless you have requested it, or unless someone, who we will identify, has requested that we pass that information on to you. You may opt to receive communications which we consider may be of interest to you, from us by any of the following methods: email, SMS text message, social media and phone calls. You will be asked to opt-in if you wish to receive these.
How can you stop the Use of Your Personal Data for Direct Marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site. Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further marketing emails.
**Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our Social campaigns
- To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us, or made a purchasing enquiry or closed your browser with items in your shopping basket. You have the right to opt out of us sending you this information at any time;
- To show you targeted advertising online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
- To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes.
Banner messages and personalised adverts on other websites
Like other retailers, we may use banners and ads when you are on other websites, apps and social media. We do this using a range of advertising technologies such as ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
The recommendations will be based on information we hold about you or on banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
If you don’t want to see these ads, then you can either disable cookies in your browser, or reject cookies from the site you’re visiting. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details.
Web Browser Cookies
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website, and use your account to buy products
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
- We collect data from publicly-available sources when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use personal information provided to us from you for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise the user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other site feature.
Safety, security, health, training, administrative and legal purposes;
- To send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
Let you track items that you purchase online using our secure order tracking service
- To send emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions on products or services of specific interest to the customer, and/or other requests include company news, updates, related product or service information.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Our servers are located in a secure facility and any access to your personal data is strictly controlled and limited only to persons who are authorised and have appropriate security clearance to access the servers
How can you access your personal Information?
You have the right to see information we hold about you, with some exceptions which are described in the privacy laws. You have the right to request us to correct any inaccurate information. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will we keep your data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Some examples of customer data retention periods:
When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for five years so we can comply with our legal, contractual obligations and service to our customers.
If your order included a warranty, the associated personal data will be kept until the end of the warranty period.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
- We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business for example IT companies who support our website and other business systems and Operational companies such as delivery couriers
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites. and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
- Every now and again, we receive requests for information from government departments, An Garda Síochána and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your personal information, we will provide it to the organisation asking for it
Transferring data internationally
In order to provide our goods and services we may need to transfer your information from your country of residence to another country in the usual course of our business. By dealing with us and submitting your personal information, you agree to the transfer, storage, and/or processing of your personal information outside of your country of residence as set out below.
Transferring outside of the EEA
We may transfer your personal information to a third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’).
Cushendale Woollen Mills only transfers your personal information to those third parties where we can be sure that we can protect your privacy and your rights, for example the third party is located in a country which the EU has deemed to have adequate data protection laws in place, where that third party is certified on the EU-US Privacy Shield or where we have a contract in place with that third party which includes the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses.
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Cushendale Woollen Mills follow certain automated and manual procedures in our efforts to tackle online fraud, which can lead to orders being voided. In the case that this causes a delay or cancellation of any legitimate orders we do apologise. Should you have any queries in relation to this, please e-mail email@example.com
Your Acceptance Of These Terms
By using this Site and receiving e-mails, text messages and social media, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site and if applicable unsubscribe from our mailing list and text messages. Your continued use of the Site and acceptance of e-mails and text messages following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Cushendale Woollen Mills, Graignamanagh, Co.Kilkenny. Ireland